Latest Update – 13th June 2018
By providing us with your data, you acknowledge to us that you are over the age of 13.
Red Fin Solutions Ltd. is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (hereon in referred to as “Red Fin Solutions”, “Jugo”, “we”, “us” or “our”). It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please contact us if at any time your personal information changes or if you have any queries, concerns or feedback regarding the use of your personal data (insert contact details).
2. What personal information do we collect about users and why?
- Some of our services do not require any form of registration, enabling you to use the site without telling us who you are. However, if you want to benefit from the full functionality you will need to register as a Member and create an account. This will require you to submit certain personal information including name, email address and contact details.
- The types of data we may gather are explained below and how we / agents acting on behalf of us, may use this data:
- Your name and address – to register/administer your account and also for other members to contact you;
- Your username and password – to register and administer your account;
- Your e-mail address – to contact you about your use of the Website, to provide you with news about us or our partners, to offer you additional services and also for other members to contact you;
- Your phone number – to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity and also for other members to contact you;
- Any content you submit to the Website (“Your Content”) such as comments, posts or reviews – to publish Your Content to the Website and to market your requirements in accordance with your instructions;
- Before we share any of your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, we will obtain your express consent.
- Information submitted to the Website may also be used to:
- Demonstrate our compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Enable your use of the Website and associated services;
- Provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service; and
- Generally run and improve the Website.
- When you get in contact with us we may keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference but to also understand how we can provide services to you more efficiently. We may also record these communications in order to train or manage our staff.
- Automatically Collected Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies”, and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Website or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Jugo on other websites.
- Mobile/Tablet: When you download or use apps created by us or on our behalf, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. This is to understand an approximate geographic region for where users are based and therefore how we can improve the website. These settings can often be enabled/disabled via the app on the mobile or tablet device.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from us if your computer or device supports such capabilities.
- Facebook and other social media platforms: You may integrate your account with social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter. By doing so you authorise us to collect your information that may already be available on or through your social media account. Such information may include your name, profile picture, country, hometown, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names and profile pictures and networks. We may store this information and use it for the purposes explained herein and to verify your credentials with social media platforms.
3. What about Cookies?
- We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the Website. Cookies are small computer files which the Website may store in your Internet browser, enabling your Internet browser and the Website to communicate with each other. Other similar technologies may operate in a different way but, like cookies, are used to analyse how the website is being used.
- Learn about how the Website is being used and which types of individuals are using the website
- Recognise you when you return to the Website
- Record which other websites have referred users to the Website
- Optimise the Website and improve our services
- Make it easier for you to fill in forms on the Website
- Enable the Website to remember your preferences
- Enable aspects of the website to be customised; and
- Provide relevant advertising
- Some cookies will be deleted when you close your Internet browser, others will remain on your Internet browser until they are deleted or they reach their expiry date.
4. Data Sharing and Third Parties
- We may disclose personal information about you to trusted third parties, both inside and outside of the European Economic Area, for the purposes specified above and to enable us to receive services which help us operate the Website.
- Your personal information may also be disclosed as follows:
- If we buy or sell, or are seeking to buy or sell, any businesses or assets;
- Associated and trusted third parties we do not control:We work closely with other businesses. We may share anonymous, aggregated information with third parties for their own research and marketing purposes but to also try and improve the service that we provide. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address and personal details unless you have consented. If you wish to change your ability to receive such offers, please adjust your Contact Preferences.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes we may operate promotions or send offers which are available to all Members or selected groups of Members jointly with or on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address unless you have consented. If you wish to change your ability to receive such offers, please adjust your Contact Preferences.
- Social Media Services:We offer many ways for Members to share content about suppliers;
- We enable and encourage users to explore who else is using our Website and view their public profiles. To share an individual item of content to a social media platform you will be prompted to enter your access credentials for that third party service. Jugo may then store such social media platform usernames and an access token obtained from the social media platform, so that you are able to share content on that social media platform without entering your access credentials again. To manage your sharing preferences on social media platforms, please visit your account settings on that social media platform.
- We may use your public information to promote Jugo and/or the Website and to help others find and follow you and/or your profile through social media services.
- We may also notify others via email or through social media services about your account activity if such activity is also of interest to your social media contacts or other users of our Website. Likewise, we may notify you about such activity of others.
- You acknowledge and agree that the use of your information by any third party website or social media platform will be governed by their own privacy policies.
5. How Secure Is The Information We Hold About You?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input;
- We will use information collected about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2009.
- Note, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received information about you, we will use strict procedures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, accessed, used or disclosed without authorisation;
- We have procedures in place to manage any suspected or actual breach of our security controls and will notify you and the appropriate regulatory body if we are legally required to do so.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your profile. If using a shared computer please ensure you sign out and close the Internet browser;
- Information about you may be sent outside of the European Economic Area, including to countries whose data protection rules are less stringent than those found in the European Economic Area. Where possible we will seek to ensure your personal information to be protected to at least UK and EEA standards. If we use service providers based in the United States of America that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
6. Data Retention
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it for (namely creating and maintaining a user account), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
- If you have any queries or concerns with the retention of your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- If you follow a link from the Website to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them;
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be required to take advantage of the Website’s features;
— End of Document —